Are you readying your property for selling or just want to revitalise it? This article explains the importance of improving the visual appearance of the garden around your property and the improved experience visitors will receive. The ideas and tips mentioned are generally inexpensive but will reinvigorate your garden. They may add value or at least improve visitors perception of the property.The front garden is the first thing visitors will see and enhancing the street appeal is a good place to start in your garden. If you are lacking in funds, aim to target the front garden is tidy and maintained and remove any dead shrubs, branches and rubbish. The rear garden is similar and any prominent internal window views that overlook parts of the garden. The following are a few simple and inexpensive landscaping ideas and maintenance tips to enhance your property.
– Remove weeds and rubbish,
– Remove dead ground covers and shrubs,
– Trim low hanging branches, that maybe dead or limiting views to the front of the house. (check with your local council regarding rules for pruning trees)
– Apply mulch or top up existing mulch to the garden beds.
– Add some colourful new plants at entry locations such as the gate and at the house, near the front door.
– Repair the lawn if required with new turf. This should be done a few weeks to a month in advance of selling for an improved appearance.
– Mow the lawn regularly especially during Spring and Summer. Mowing should be done a day or two before the house open inspection, as long grass can make a place look unloved and uncared for. Freshly mown grass can be nice but can cause allergies in people and may be dragged in to your home on the soles of shoes.
– Lawn edges should also be trimmed regularly.
– Sweep paving regularly during the selling period.
– Remove weeds from the paving.
– Clean stained and dirty paving with high pressure water cleaner. Dirty and drab paving can bring a garden visually down in quality. Simple and easy cleaning can quickly improve the look without costly re – paving.
– For the handy people out there another great improvement is to repair sagging and sunken areas of paving. Apply a fresh layer of sand over the top to fill the joints in, especially after the high pressure water cleaner and re-laying has occurred. This will create an effect of new paving.
These simple and cost – effective landscaping ideas and landscape maintenance tips will smarten, and bring new life to your garden. Your garden will look revitalised and perceived in an improved way by visitors.
Source by Will